On March 19, 2020, Governor Gavin Newsom issued a shelter-in-place order. In an effort to respond to the Covid-19 health risk, Child Action, Inc. changed the ways in which we provided services to our clients in order to implement social distancing. While remaining committed to serving our community, we took appropriate precautions to address the outbreak by following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020, our offices were closed to the public and walk-ins were not allowed.
In order to continue to serve the Sacramento community, we enacted the following:
- All necessary paperwork, including attendance forms being submitted for payment should be mailed or dropped off using the drop box located next to the front door of 9800 Old Winery Place.
- All childcare subsidy enrollment or recertification appointments (parent and provider) will be conducted by phone, e-mail and/or fax.
- All childcare referrals and information will continue to be available over the phone, online through our website (www.childaction.org), and by e-mail.
- In-person workshops and site visits have been postponed.
We modified the work schedules of our staff to ensure we maintained social distance, which may cause a delay in our response time. However, we remain diligent in providing the best service possible during this trying and unprecedented time.
We did not come to this decision lightly. We have implemented this strategy to keep our clients, staff and the community healthy and safe.
If you have any question or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at 1 (916) 369-0191.
Child Action, Inc. knows it can be overwhelming to stay current on the latest Coronavirus information. In an effort to assist our community, we have compiled a list of resources that are regularly updated.
CHILD ACTION, INC. NOTICES
- Message from Child Action, Inc.s Executive Director
- COVID-19 Parent Q&A
- COVID-19 Parent Fee Waiver
- Notice to Providers and Parents - Distance Learning
Child Care Resources
- California Alternative Payment Program Association (CAPPA)
- Child Care Aware
- Child Care Law Center
- Resource & Referral Network
- Sacramento County
- Citrus Heights
- Elk Grove
- Rancho Cordova
- Sacramento City
- Local COVID-19 Testing Sites
- California Department of Education (CDE)
- California Dept. of Social Services, Community Care Licensing
- Covid-19 Updated Guidance: Child Care Programs and Providers
- Early Learning & Care Playbook
- Employment Development Department
- Office of Governor Gavin Newsom
- Finding a Testing Site